- Contact Us
- Day Tours
- Kerala Tourism
- Travel Resources
- About Us
Experience the incredible journey to Gods Own Country, Kerala from Indias North-Jammu, on the Himasagar Express train. In just 3 ½ days, see the country from one end to the other. This 3 ½ days mark the longest journey you can make on Indias rail roads.
The Himsagar Express (Train No. 6318) runs once a week, up and down the country. From Jammu, it is scheduled to leave Mondays at 11.15 pm, and arrive in Kanyakumari on Friday at 12.55 am. From Kanyakumari (Train No. 6317) leaves mid-morning on Friday at 12.55pm and arrives in Jammu at 1.30pm on Monday. Fares for the full journey one-way: Rs.2, 857 on AC 2-tiers; Rs.2, 479 on First class; Rs.645 on sleeper class.
Jammu Tawi, Bari Brahman, Samba, Kathua, Madhopur Punjab, Pathankot, Chakki Bank, Mukerian, Dasuya, Tanda Urmar, Jalandar Cant, Phagwara Jn, Phillaur Jn, Ludhiana Jn, Kila Raipur, Ahmadgarh, Malerkotla, Dhuri Jn, Sangrur, Sunam, Chajli, Lehra Gaga, Jakhal Jn, Tohana, Narwana Jn, Uchana, Barsola, Jind Jn, Julana, Rohtak Jn, Sampla, Bahadurgarh, Shakurbasti, Delhi Kishanganj, New Delhi, H Nizamuddin, Faridabad, Agra Cantt, Dhaulpur, Gwalior, Jhansi Jn, Bhopal Jn, Itarsi Jn, Nagpur, Sevagram, Chandrapur, Balharshah, Ramagundam, Warangal, Khammam, Vijaywada Jn, Tenali Jn, Ongole, Nellore, Gudur Jn, Renigunta Jn, Katpadi Jn, Jplarpettai, Salem Jn, Erode Kn, Tiruppur, Coimbatore Jn, Palghat, Ottapalam, Trichur, Alwaye, Ernakulam Town, Kottayam, Tiruvalla, Chengannur, Quilon Jn, Trivandrum Central, Nagarcoil, Kanayakumari.
1. The food experience can be varied. At platforms, look out for:
Apples in Jammu,
Oranges at Nagpur,
Mithais and samosas through Punjab and Haryana,
Cardamon tea in Ernakulam
Ginger coffee(nice!) at Salem and Erode stations,
Dosa and vada at Erode from Kwality caterers.
2. Carry your own bedding - first class travellers are not given bed rolls on the train, but if youre not carrying bedding, book a bed roll at Jammu before the train leaves.
3. Delhi is pretty much the last stop for luxuries-stock up.
4. Wet tissues are strongly recommended. As are Chains and locks to secure your luggage to berths. Smokers, buy supplies for three or four days- or do very fast sprints to cigarette stalls outside stations.
5. There may not be electrical points on the train-charge cell phone or laptop batteries at Delhi and Erode stations (where the train stops long enough).
6. Since the south-bound train is scheduled to get into Kanyakumari at 1am, its wise to have a hotel booking ready.
7. Travelling in a group is best. Single women travelers, be at your guard.